1. Which of the following groups of cricket teams was declared joint winner of the Col. C K Naidu Trophy for 2009 ?
2. How many new teams have been added in IPL 2010?
3. Approximately what was the difference between the number of candidates qualified from Hyderabad in 2001 and 2002 ?
4. Approximately how many candidates appearing from Kolkata in 2004 qualified in the competitive examination ?
5. Approximately what was the total number of candidates qualified from Delhi in 2002 and 2006 together ?
Direction: Study the following tables carefully and answer the questions given below:
Number of Candidates appeared in a Competitive Examination from five centres over the yearsIn which of the following years was the difference in number of candidates appeared from Mumbai over the previous year the minimum ?
7. What is the respective ratio of number of men staying in locality F to the number of men staying in locality H ?
8. What is the total number of men and children staying in locality I together
9. The number of women staying in which locality is the highest ?
10. What is the total number of children staying in localities H and I together ?
Direction: Study the given table carefully to answer the questions that follow:
Number of people staying in five different localities and the percentage breakup of men, women and children in them LOCALITY TOTAL NO. PERCENTAGE OF PEOPLE MEN WOMEN CHILDRENTotal number of people staying in locality J forms approximately what percent of the total number of people staying in locality F ?
12. The radius of a circular field is equal to the side of a square field whose perimeter is 784 feet. What is the area of the circular field ?
Direction: Study the given graph carefully to answer the questions that follow Number of days taken by three carpenters to finish making one piece each of four different items of furnitureIf Carpenters X, Y and Z were to make a table together how many days would they take ?
Direction: Study the given graph carefully to answer the questions that follow:
Number of days taken by three carpenters to finish making one piece each of four different items of furnitureIf Carpenter X and Carpenter Y were to make a chair together how many days would they take?
Direction: Study the table carefully to answer the questions that follow.What was the average profit earned by shopkeeper R in the months of October 2009 and November 2009 together ?
Direction: Study the table carefully to answer the questions that follow.What is the difference in profit earned by shopkeeper T in January - 2010 from the previous month ?
17. What is the respective ratio of the number of girls enrolled in only Painting classes to the number of boys enrolled in the same ?
18. Number of girls enrolled in only Dancing classes is what percent of the boys enrolled in the same? (rounded off to two digits after decimal)
19. What is the total number of students enrolled in all the three classes together ?
A school consisting of a total of 1560 students has boys and girls in the ratio of 7:5 respectively. All the students are enrolled in different types of hobby classes, viz: Singing, Dancing and Painting.One-fifth of the boys are enrolled in only Dancing classes.Twenty percent of the girls are enrolled in only Painting classes.Ten percent of the boys are enrolled in only Singing classes.Twenty four percent of the girls are enrolled in both Singing and Dancing classes together.The number of girls enrolled in only Singing classes is two hundred percent of the boys enrolled in the same.One-thirteenth of the boys are enrolled in all the three classes together.The respective ratio of boys enrolled in Dancing and Painting classes together to the girls enrolled in the same is 2 :1 respectively.Ten percent of the girls are enrolled in only Dancing classes whereas eight percent of the girls are enrolled in both Dancing and Painting classes together.The remaining girls are enrolled in all the three classes together.The number of boys enrolled in Singing and Dancing classes together is fifty percent of the number of girls enrolled in the same.The remaining boys are enrolled in only Painting classes.What is the total number of boys who are enrolled in Dancing ?
21. In which of the following years was the number of candidates qualified from Chennai, the maximum among the given years ?
22. The speed of a boat when travelling downstream is 32 Kms. / Hr. , whereas when travelling upstream it is 28 kms/hr. What is the speed of the boat in still water ?
23. 4 men can complete a piece of work in 2 days. 4 women can complete the same piece of work in 4 days whereas 5 children can complete the same piece of work in 4 days. If, 2 men, 4 women and 10 children work together, in how many days can the work be completed ?
Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below it Certain words/phrases have been printed in bold to help you locate them while answering some of the question.India is rushing headlong towards economic success and modernisation counting on high-tech industries such as information technology and biotechnology to propel the nation to prosperity India’s recent announcement that it would no longer produce unlicensed inexpensive generic pharmaceuticals bowed to the realities of the world Trade Organisation while at the same time challenging the domestic drug industry to compete with the multinational firms. Unfortunately its weak higher education sector constitutes the Achilles’ heel of this strategy. Its systematic disinvestment in higher education in recent years has yielded neither world-class research nor very many highly trained scholars scientists or managers to sustain high-tech development.India’s main competitors-especially China but also Singapore Taiwan and South Korea are investing in large and differentiated higher education systems. They are providing access to a large number of students at the bottom of the academic system while at the same time building some research-based universities that are able to compete with the world’s best institutions. The recent London Times Higher Education Supplement ranking of the world’s top 200 universities included three in China three in Hong Kong three in South Korea One in Taiwan and one in India. These countries are positioning themselves for leadership in the knowledge-based economies of the coming era.
There was a time when countries could achieve economic success with cheap labour and low-tech manufacturing, Low wages still help but contemporary large scale development requires a sophisticated and at least partly knowledge-based economy India has chosen that path but will find a major stumbling block in its university system
India has significant advantages in the 21st century knowledge race.It has a large higher education sector the third largest in the world in terms of numbers of students after China and the united states It uses english as a primary language of higher education and research It has long acdemic tradition Academic freedom is respected There are a small number of high-quality institutions departments, and centres that can from the basic sector in higher education The fact that the states rather than the central Government exerise major responsibility for higher education creates a rather “cumbersome” but the system allows for a variety of policies and approaches
Yet the weaknesses far outweigh the strengths India educates approximately 10 per cent of its young people in higher education compared to more than half in the major industrialised countries and 15 per cent in China Almost all of the world’s academic system “resemble” a pyramid, with a smaller high-quality tier at the top tier.None of its universities occupies a solid position at the top A few of the best unversities have some excellence The University Grants Commission’s recent major support to five universities to build on their recognised strength is a step towards recognising a differentiated academic system and “fostering” excellence These universities combined enro; well under one percent of the student population.Which of the following is TRUE in the context of the passage ?
25. Which of the following sentence should be the SECOND after rearrangement ?