In each of the questions given below which one of the five answer figures on the right should come after the problem figures on the left, if the sequence were continued ?
Direction for questions: Answer the questions based on the following information. The data given in the table shows the investment details in country ‘Fortune Land’ of companies A, B, C, D, E and F. Figures in the table are in US dollars in billions.What is the percentage increase in investment of B, C, D and E from year 1 to year 3?
4. What is the ratio of investments of E to F for the years 1 to 3?
5. What is D’s contribution as a percentage of total investments in year 2?
6. For which company is investment not increased from year 1 to year 3?
7. What is the percentage difference in investments of companies A, B, C and companies D, E, F in year 2?
8. If a number 774958A96B is to be divisible by 8 and 9, the respective values of A and B will be
9. Which of the following values of x do not satisfy the inequality $$(x^2 - 3x + 2 > 0)$$ at all?
Direction for questions 108 and 109: Answer the questions based on the following information. In a locality, there are five small cities: A, B, C, D and E. The distances of these cities from each other are as follows. AB = 2 km AC = 2km AD > 2 km AE > 3 km BC = 2 km BD = 4 km BE = 3 km CD = 2 km CE = 3 km DE > 3 kmIf a ration shop is to be set up within 2 km of each city, how many ration shops will be required?
11. If a ration shop is to be set up within 3 km of each city, how many ration shops will be required?
12. A cube of side 12 cm is painted red on all the faces and then cut into smaller cubes, each of side 3 cm. What is the total number of smaller cubes having none of their faces painted?
13. If ABCD is a square and BCE is an equilateral triangle, what is the measure of ∠DEC?
14. Instead of a metre scale, a cloth merchant uses a 120 cm scale while buying, but uses an 80 cm scale while selling the same cloth. If he offers a discount of 20% on cash payment, what is his overall profit percentage?
15. From a circular sheet of paper with a radius 20 cm, four circles of radius 5 cm each are cut out. What is the ratio of the uncut to the cut portion?
16. A wooden box of thickness 0.5 cm, length 21 cm, width 11 cm and height 6 cm is painted on the inside. The expenses of painting are Rs. 70. What is the rate of painting per square centimetres?
Answer the questions based on the following information. A, S, M and D are functions of x and y, and they are defined as follows.
$$A(x, y)=x + y$$
What is the value of $$M(M(A(M(x, y),S(y, x)),x),A(y, x))$$for $$x=2, y=3$$?
18. What is the value of $$S[M(D(A(a, b), 2), D(A(a, b), 2)), M(D(S(a, b), 2), D(S(a, b), 2))]$$?
19. The cost of diamond varies directly as the square of its weight. Once, this diamond broke into four pieces with weights in the ratio 1 : 2 : 3 : 4. When the pieces were sold, the merchant got Rs. 70,000 less. Find the original price of the diamond.
20. If n is any odd number greater than 1, then $$n(n^2 - 1)$$ is
21. The figure shows a circle of diameter AB and radius 6.5 cm. If chord CA is 5 cm long, find the area of triangle ABC.
Answer the questions based on the following information. A watch dealer incurs an expense of Rs. 150 for producing every watch. He also incurs an additional expenditure of Rs. 30,000, which is independent of the number of watches produced If he is able to sell a watch during the season, he sells it for Rs. 250. If he fails to do so, he has to sell each watch for Rs. 100.If he is able to sell only 1,200 out of 1,500 watches he has made in the season (and the rest 300 are sold out of season), then he has made a profit of
23. If he produces 1,500 watches, what is the number of watches that he must sell during the season in order to break-even, given that he is able to sell all the watches produced?
24. Once I had been to the post office to buy five-rupee, two-rupee and one-rupee stamps. I paid the clerk Rs. 20, and since he had no change, he gave me three more one-rupee stamps. If the number of stamps of each type that I had ordered initially was more than one, what was the total number of stamps that I bought?
25. In triangleABC, ∠B is a right angle, AC = 6 cm, and D is the mid-point of AC. The length of BD is