You Are On Question Answer Bank SET 2
101. Stainless Steel is an alloy of –
Answer: iron (73%),Carbon(1%), Chromium (18%) and Nickel (8%)
102. Solderis an Alloy of-
Answer: lead (50%) and tin (50%)
103. Bronzeis an alloy –
Answer: of copperand tin.
104. Brass isan alloy of-
Answer: copper (60-80%) and Zinc (40-20%)
105. Mercuryand gallium are metals which are liquids at-
Answer: room temperature.
106. Thehardest metal is –
107. Wroughtiron is the purest type of iron that contains-
Answer: least of carbon.
108. Silver,gold and platinum are known as –
109. Metalswhich has the highest density is-
110. Gunmetal is made from-
Answer: tin and copper.
111. Cobaltis used in making-
Answer: rust - resistant alloys.
112. Steel isa form of iron. To make steel from iron, The carbon content is reduced from-
Answer: 5% to 0.5 -1.5%)
113. Platinummetal occurs in its pure form in-
Answer: earth"s crust
114. Thefirst known super conductor is –
115. Silveris the best conductor of –
Answer: heat andelectricity.
116. Iodineis a-
Answer: solid non-metal
117. Iron isthe-
Answer: first metal used by man
118. Metalliccofactor present in chlorophyll is-
119. Metalliccofactor present in haemoglobin is-
120. Metalabundant in sea water is-
121. Themetal most abundant in human body is-
122. Which ofthe following is the lightest metal ?
123. Carborandum is —
124. Carbon,diamond and graphite are together called
125. The most important ore of Aluminium is–
126. Which of the following is the best conductorof electricity ?
127. Fromwhich mineral is radium obtained ?
128. The element present in the largest amount inrocks and minerals is–
129. Washing soda is the common name of —
130. Tetraethyllead is used as
131. Thechemial name of Uria is–
132. Thefilament of electric bulb is made of —
133. Permanenthardness of water, due to sulphates of the metal, can be destroyed by the useof
134. Permanenthardness of water can be removed by adding–
Answer: Washing Soda
135. Bleaching powder is made from —
Answer: Limeand Chlorine
136. Which ofthe following metals remains in liquid form under normal conditions ?
137. Theformula of Plaster of Paris is–
Answer: 2CaSO4, H2O
138. The twoelements that are frequently used for making transistors are —
Answer: Siliconand Germenium
139. Byfixation of nitrogen is meant-
Answer: Conversionof atmospheric nitrogen into Useful compounds
140. LiquefiedPetroleum gas (LPG) consists of mainly–
Answer: Methane, and Propane
141. Which ofthe following gas is not known as green house gas ?
142. Vallathol Award 2015
143. Muttathu Varkey Award 2016
Answer: K G George
144. Malayattoor Award 2015
Answer: V. Madhusoodanan Nair(Achchan Piranna Veedu)
145. Asan Poetry Prize 2014
Answer: Prabha Varma
146. Ezhuthachan Award 2015
Answer: Puthussery Ramachandran
147. O. V. Vijayan Literary Award 2014
Answer: B. Rajeevan
148. Mathrubhumi Literary Award 2014
Answer: T. Padmanabhan
149. Ulloor Award 2015
Answer: Attur Ravi Varma
Terms And Service:We do not guarantee the accuracy of available data ..We Provide Information On Public Data.. Please consult an expert before using this data for commercial or personal use
Powered By:Omega Web Solutions
150. Odakkuzhal Award 2015
Answer: S Joseph (Book Chandranodoppam)
© 2002-2017 Omega Education PVT LTD...Privacy | Terms And Conditions